Code 580 Technologies and Products
Systems Architectures for Distributed Spacecraft Missions (DSM)
Principal Investigator (PI)
- Jacqueline Le Moigne/Code 580
Description and Objectives
- Survey, investigate, summarize and analyze concepts for distributed missions, including:
- "formation flying"
- "sensor webs"
- "fractionated architectures"
- "virtual apertures"
- Define minimum requirements and capabilities to:
- Cost effectively manage future multiple platform missions
- Cost effectively develop and deploy such missions
- Quickly design Distributed Spacecraft Missions
Examples of Distributed Spacecraft Missions
- Define DSM Terminology
- Perform DSM Survey
- Define DSM Preliminary Mission Taxonomy
- Identify Science needs with respect to DSMs
- Create Preliminary DSM Technology Roadmap
- Start Development of Tradespace, Cost and Risk Analysis Tools
- Prepare White Paper and Presentation
- Define DSM taxonomy and technologies for reducing cost, risk and implementation schedule of future NASA missions
- Developing a Trade Space Analysis Tool for Designing Constellations
- Future Decadal Survey Missions in all Science areas
- Tech Demo Missions